Supernatural Intervention in Times of Financial Needs


There have been times in my life when I have fallen down on my knees and prayed for financial intervention or to get a job. There are  more people needing financial security nowadays than ever. However, there have always been the needs for Supernatural intervention, even in the days of
St. Peter who was in desperate need of having to pay a debt immediately and had no money.

__ Ellen J. Barrier








Story as told:

And when they (Jesus & Peter) were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said,
"Doth not your master pay tribute?”  He said, “Yes.”

Peter did the same thing as I have done and so many others

And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, “What thinkest thou, Simon?
Of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? Of their own children,  or of strangers?”
Peter said unto him, “Of strangers.” 

Something Required to Do

Jesus said unto him, “Then are the children free. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them,
Go thou to the sea, and cast a hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast
opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee."

Obedience and Work are Required Before Receiving a Request From God

We know that Jesus could have given Peter the money miraculously. However, had he done so, it wouldn’t have taught Peter obedient and trust in times of more challenges that would test his faith in God.

There are times when answers don’t come easy. We have to remain steadfast and focused on our goal. Sometimes the road to success is paved with many obstacles.
And it seems that the harder you work the more challenges you will face. But, from my own personal experience I can say, God has never failed me.

I am stronger and wiser because of the challenges I have overcome with my trust in God and his interventions in my life, I have been successful in accomplishing the goals I set before me. Presently, I am looking forward to completing several new goals.

 What this Lesson Teaches

From this lesson we learned; God understand the need for us to have financial means to get the things we need and pay for the services we use. God is our provider of the things we need for security. We also, understand that we have to work. We each have been given special talents and skills. Its up to us to have the desire to use them. In order for us to succeed in society, we must be willing to work hard and follow instructions. Peter was given specific instructions to follow in order to get the money he needed, by using his skill.

Source of Information:
Matthew 17:24-27 

__Ellen J. Barrier
Author

No comments:

Post a Comment